The events of 2015 that deeply impacted me were held together by the following quotes that became the skeleton onto which I hung those events. Without these quotes and how they touched various experiences, I’m quite sure I would be worse for wear.
Quotes can be a dime a dozen but when I took those that I encountered and worked them into the fabric of any given event they provided security, a sense of calm, and the promise of a new day.
May they work their magic on you in a similar way!
- “It’s amazing how much more we live by what we should do than by what we want to do.” Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- “In the desert our hearts are big and our problems small, and in the cities our problems are big and our hearts are small.”
- “When one is out of touch with oneself, one cannot touch others.” Anne Marrow Lindbergh
- “Sometimes you don’t realize the weight of something you’ve been carrying until you feel the weight of its release.”
- “Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’” Mary Anne Radmacher
- “Despite how open, peaceful, and loving you attempt to be, people can only meet you as deeply as they’ve met themselves.”
- “One of the hardest things to do in life is letting go of what you thought was real.”
- “Change requires action, not reflection; motivation, not passivity; desire, not apathy; and a willingness to see truth rather than fiction. But most important, change requires that you recognize that no one and nothing is going to change you—except you.” Joseph J. Luciani